AccessNow.org is offering $20,000 for the best actionable idea of how to use the Facebook platform to deliver a human rights, human development or social good outcome. We're looking for initiatives across the spectrum - from enhancing freedom of speech and expression to improving the economic well-being of a disadvantaged group.
We are looking for an idea that has real impact for people on the ground! That is, the winning project will be chosen because it has already generated tangible positive outcomes or evidence that it has the potential to do so.
The application will ask the following six questions that must be answered thoroughly.
1. What is your idea and why is it needed: Who will make use of it?
2. What is the technology? We're interested in code, bits and platforms.
3. How are you making it happen: Who are you working with?
4. How will you keep it going: How will you evaluate it and keep the project going?
5. What are the risks: Have you done your due diligence?
6. What is your track record: What you have done before and how advanced is the idea?
- Completed applications should be 2 to 4 pages.
- Individuals, organizations and networks from anywhere in the world can apply.
- Any intellectual property of the winner will remain his or her property.
- If you are applying for the Access Facebook Award, please read this: https://www.accessnow.org/pa...
Submitting your application:
1. Click to download the application: http://ow.ly/bRKHQ.
2. To submit, click the "Win this Reward" button and attach the completed application, in PDF format, to the pop up prompt.
3. In the text box, include your name or the name of your organization, and your email address.